Saturday, April 2, 2011

What got me to where I am?


On August 21, 2008 I lost my horse of 19 years.  Cre was an awesome Arabian that took me lots of places.  His death hit me hard and I didn’t think I’d get back into horses for a very long time.  I donated all my tack to The Grace Foundation a great horse rescue organization.

At about the same time my best friend Sharon, who also has an Arabian, found a trainer she really liked.  She wanted to get into showing her horse Nazzareth.   In August of 2009 I went with her to the Gold Coast Arabian Horse Association’s show in Watsonville.  After that I went along with her to the shows in the Northern California Arabian circuit having fun as her groom.

What can I say, horses are truly addictive.

In the summer of 2010 I started taking lessons with Sharon’s trainer.  His name is Todd Azevedo, of Equus Farms in Aromas, California.  He has a great way with teaching and his goal is to teach you to be able to train a horse vs teaching you to ride.

So here I was last summer, riding horses again, going to horse shows regularly with Sharon, and wondering how I could get a horse of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment