Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Book is Published and we'll be in Europe Soon!

2014 has been amazing.  Kinda crazy, I've been sick a bunch (not usual), and we lost our 'pup' Angus - he was just shy of his 11th birthday, but as I sit here mid May, thinking about the year, I have to say I'm happy.

Since December I've been drawing.  Prior to that I hadn't picked up pen or brush in probably 10 years.  I got back into it because my best friend suggested to a friend of hers that she knew someone to illustrate his children's book.  It somehow managed to work out.  Of course, never in a million years would I have thought I could illustrate a book.  But I did.  And I'm really excited about it.  Rocky the Rodeo Pony is about a fabulous Appaloosa named Rocky and his life experiences in becoming a Rodeo pony ridden by Emilie, the Rowell Ranch Rodeo's 2013 Rodeo Queen.  The book is for sale on Amazon (click on the link above, or search for "Rocky the Rodeo Pony") and 100% of the proceeds are being donated to the Tough Enough to Wear Pink fight against breast cancer and the Justin Cowboy Crisis Fund.

We (the author Mark, and I) will be at the rodeo May 17th, 2014 and will have the book for sale.  We'll even autograph it (which just seems so weird - me autographing something.  who'da thunk it!).  Mark will be there on the 18th, also, but I will be home packing for our trip.

And speaking of the trip....I can't believe it's almost here!  We leave in less than 2 weeks!  Wow.  And I haven't packed a thing.  But I have been working my check list for the last 8 months.  So I guess I better be ready!

I'm confirming hotels (prior to the river cruise) and flight times (they've changed once each so far) and have been in regular contact with Mom and Dad (who are now in Istanbul).  We've got suitcases (they're even legal European carry on sized).  And passports.  And I even have a chip and pin credit card (challenging to get in the states, totally common and recommended in the EU).  The few electronic items we're bringing are all dual voltage.  And I've got a converter for the plugs, and a small multi-plug surge protector.  I guess that just leaves clothes.

I've been watching oodles of travel videos - I LOVE Sonias Travels and of course Rick Steves.  Who knows, maybe I'll be posting my own travel videos on YouTube soon!

In the mean time, I've got to get cracking on packing!



No comments:

Post a Comment