Monday, May 23, 2011

Santa Barbara Day 5 - Sunday


We’d all decided to sleep in and have a leisurely travel day.  That meant waking up whenever (to glorious sun), gathering when we were all ready, then going to breakfast.

Ken and I were up earlier than most so we went to the barn to feed breakfast to all the horses.  While it was sunny today (yesterday was slightly foggy/overcast most of the day) it was quite a bit breezy and cooler than the other days.  We left their blankets on.

When we got back to the house everyone was ready for breakfast.  We were going to try a new place (to us) but they were closed.  (Gosh- what a surprise – a restaurant in Santa Barbara was closed during a peak eating hour.)  So we went back to Farmer Boy.  Today I had “The Dumpster.”  It was hard to get past the name, but it was worth it.  It was a scramble with bacon, ham, sausage and cheese.  Yum.

After breakfast it was time to pack everything back into the trailer.  It was the reverse of Wednesday, but with more labor available.  Sharon, Todd and I asked our ‘lucky’ assistants to help.  Most had never packed a trailer after a show so I wasn’t sure how well it would go.  I had visions of Sharon and I needing to spend another weekend re-organizing the trailer after shoving everything in willy-nilly.  But nope.  Our assistants were awesome.  We worked as a team so perfectly that the trailer loaded up nice and smoothly and in record time.

All of the sudden everything was packed and it was time to go home.  I was really sad.  The weekend was so much fun I didn’t want it to end.

Saying bye is hard, too.  Even if I know I’ll see them a week later (or more).

But alas, we had to say bye.  Todd pulled out first.  Ken and I were next and Sharon and Bill and Nancy and Steve were last.

Heading home on 101

No comments:

Post a Comment