Monday, October 22, 2012

I Loped Backwards!

Well, not truly backwards, as in reverse.  Blu was moving forward.

But the way I rode the lope was different.  Not sure I could ever explain it, but I'll try.  When I'd gotten Blu into the lope I was sitting solid, and kind of rolling my hips front to back with his movement.  What I think of as the typical flow of movement with a horse at the lope.  But then I was told to lope backwards.  I don't think I had any idea what I was supposed to do, but I rode for a few strides and something in my brain clicked and Blu slowed down.  I THINK I started rolling my hips back to front, but I'm truly not sure.  However it worked, it got us loping slowly. And smoothly.

And it gave cause for a few great big grins!

Best of all, I got to direct some of my grins to Ken because he was there to watch.  He did the day trip with me.

The weather was fabulous, too.  Mid 60s and sunny.  Now that it's getting cooler Blu is getting fuzzy.  He looks so cute!  No pictures this time.  But hopefully I'll get some photos during my next visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment