Monday, July 23, 2012

Watching my Nephew Play in a Baseball Tournament

Self Portrait with Jan and Al on Saturday

My first weekend at home in a while.  Didn't get to sleep in as much as I wanted on Saturday, but I did sleep in on Sunday.  Saturday I had a good reason to get up.  My Nephew Spencer was going to be in Rancho Murieta playing in a Baseball Tournament.




His team, the Pacifica American Little League have made it to the Championship series being played here in Rancho Murieta.  The first team from Pacifica to make it this far, is what I hear.  He's the only 9 year old on the 9-10 year old team and today I was thrilled to be able to watch him play ball.

Spencer playing Second Base early in the game

The game started at 10am at Stonefield Park (a VERY nice setup in Rancho Murieta, by the way) and Ken and I were there.  Spencer played well, Ken was impressed with his patience in waiting on pitches.  Quite the ball player.  He walked twice, including an RBI walk.  He played Second Base for a few innings then moved to catcher for the second half of the game.  They won with a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 7th to tie it up, followed by an RBI single to win.  Very exciting game!


Spencer before the inning started
 Spencer catching the second half of the game --->
 Listening to his coach before his at bat

Game two was Sunday at 1pm.  Ken had his own baseball game to play in so I I went to watch Spencer on my own.  It was the hottest day yet.  The car said it was 106 when the game was over.  I'd guess it was more like 102, but still, not much difference between 102 and 106.

Spencer pitching Sunday

Spencer was starting pitcher for Sunday's game.  He did a nice job.  My camera would only focus on the fence though, so I only have one photo and a short video clip.

Spencer pitching and good fielding supporting him.

They won 16-1 in 4 innings.  Ken's team won, too.  A good baseball day all around.

We spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. Ahhhhhhhhh.  :-)

Their next game is Tuesday evening.  I'm sure they'll appreciate the cooler weather at that time.

Go Pacifica American!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment